Rating Explanation

How I rate the games

It would be a good idea to make this post a sticky so that you can understand my ratings. I use two ratings: an in-depth breakdown of various parts of the game/trophy experience that I find important and a final summary. The summary is the collated score of all these elements. 

Ratings

3/10 and Below: An element that had a detrimental effect on the game.

5/10: The element did not detract from the enjoyment but was quite underwhelming.

7/10: - Above average experience with a lot of good points but also has its flaws

10/10: - Not perfect but something that I loved with minimal flaws. 

Summary 

Gameplay - The summation of all of the sound/music/etc.
Platinum Difficulty - This is the overall difficulty rating of the platinum. 
Time to Platinum - The lower the score, the shorter the platinum.
Overall Trophy Enjoyment - This is my overall view on the platinum.

It is worth noting that my overall enjoyment could be lower than the sum of the difficulty, time, and gameplay. This could be due to a few problematic trophies that severely affected the experience of the platinum. 

Gameplay Breakdown

I have decided to split the gameplay into individual sections at the end of each blog. This is for anyone who wishes to read deeper into how I got to my gameplay rating:


Sound: This is the general sound design of the game. 

Music: Any aspect of the score/soundtrack in the game.

Visuals: Quality of graphics/visual style. Also covers enemy design.

Level Design: Do the levels work well? Are there any issues with enemy placements?

Combat/Gameplay: General combat and gameplay mechanics.

Lore/Story: Was the story engaging? Were there any hidden gems or backstories?


I hope that you enjoy the blog! If you have any suggestions on the scoring system then please leave a comment!

Comments